Friday, February 13, 2015

Frugal Friday: Publix Digital Coupons

green Skip the Clip sign
Publix.com
If you are a Publix shopper and have wondered why the keypad asks for your phone number at the checkout, let me enlighten you.  DIGITAL COUPONS.  I've been surprised how many of my friends do not know about them or do not use this simple tool to help reduce the total on the grocery receipt.



Go to Publix.com and under the heading of savings, you will find a link to coupons.  There is currently a large green banner that will alert you that you are in the right spot.  Register your basic information and you are set.  After you are logged in, just scroll through the available offers and digitally clip them by clicking on the box next to the offer you want.  I usually click on ANY item there is a remote chance that I will purchase because most have long expiration dates, and you never know when you will need those cough drops or that last minute frozen pizza because you don't feel like cooking a real meal.

The final step to getting the coupon is to enter your registered phone number on the keypad before you pay.  After the cashier totals the receipt, the magic begins to happen and you will see deductions being taken on any coupons you qualified for.  I actually delegate the digital clipping to my kids.  That is why I am often surprised by the coupons that I end up seeing on the receipt.  

Coupons are updated weekly and if you are SUPER motivated, you can pair these digital coupons with store and other manufacturer coupons to double or triple your savings. Below is a shot of a recent receipt.  The digital coupons are indicated with the DC. 
Last week, I shared a post about the ibotta rebate app.  It was on this receipt where I made my infamous Tyson chicken strips purchase. :-)  The grilled and ready chicken strips (my daughter loves to have these available for quick lunches or when we are serving beef, as she is not a beef eater) were on sale for $2 off the regular price.  I had a digital coupon, which is from the manufacturer, and a Publix store coupon.  When I got home I also redeemed a $1 rebate from ibotta.  I'm not a coupon queen by any means, but every once in a while I'll catch a deal like that.   
By the way, Publix has an app too, for those who want to clip on the go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I read and appreciate each comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *