Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Book Review: The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith

Do you struggle with decorating your home, especially with financial, time or energy limitations?  I do.  I also struggle knowing where to start and if I do start something, it is very hard to complete it.  I get stuck. Additionally, I avoid having people over to my home because of my perception about how it looks and if I do have people over, I catch myself apologizing for things around the house.  Well, I've been reading a book that is changing my perspective, inspiring me to take some risks in creating beautiful spaces in my home that work for my family and look forward to having company over.

 

 After a recommendation from my friend Sheila, from Sheila's Potpourri, I checked out a book at the library called The Nesting Place, by Myquillyn Smith, aka "The Nester".  I cannot put the book down and I'm wishing I had this book as a resource years ago.I'll definitely be purchasing my very own copy.  Myquillin's tagline is "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful".  This line alone was so freeing and not just in regards to my home, but that is another blog post.

After moving homes about 13 times, Myquillyn Smith has become an expert on creating beautiful rooms for her family without spending a fortune and without buying a boxed room from a large furniture store.  Her winsome writing is a joy to read and her advice is wise and practical. 

The book was checked-out less than a week ago and I'm 3/4 of the way through.  I'm anxious to start making some changes around the house, using what I already have, and posting updates in the weeks and months to come.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying it! Can't wait to see the changes you'll make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I read and appreciate each comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *