Friday, February 20, 2015

Frugal Friday: Freshfields Farm


Eating healthy, whole foods can be expensive!  As a mom, I try so hard to feed my family nutritious meals, but these days, it seems the price of groceries keeps climbing and it can be tempting to fill the cart with junk, because it is cheaper.  Now, Jacksonville has a Freshfields Farm and it is helping our food budget and our diet become much healthier.
Salad Section

As a family of five, it is very rare for me to leave the grocery store without my receipt reading over $100.  Just the opposite is true when I visit Freshfields Farm. Instead, my bill is rarely over $50 and I have a cart full of extremely fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, seafood, cheese and eggs. In addition to those fresh items, you can find quality deli meat, some locally produced juices, dried beans, local honey and freshly ground peanut butter.  You will NOT find any packaged foods.   I can't do ALL my shopping there, but I've started making a regular weekly run.  Think of it like a permanent, indoor Farmer's Market.

The store has a motto, "Bringing the Farm to You" and they do that by purchasing as much as they can locally.  I've been very pleased with the variety and freshness of the produce, especially. Remember my post on Brussels Sprouts?  Well, when I buy them from the regular grocery, they usually are brown on the cut ends.  At Freshfields Farms, the are pure white, because they have just been cut from the stalk! Sometimes I see them offered STILL on the stalk!  See the photo?  I actually never knew how the sprouts grew, until I saw them in this store.
Brussel Sprouts on Stalk - Freshfields

If you live in Jacksonville, or Orlando, I encourage you to check it out.  The Jacksonville location is located at 5555 University Blvd. W, just off of the 95 Exit.  They are open Monday-Saturday 9am-7pm and Sunday, 10am-6pm.  

1 comment:

  1. I love Freshfield Farms! I spent $80 last week but I was all out of meat at home so I did some stocking up. I still considered it cheap for all I got! (Your Frugal Fridays have been great! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next week!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I read and appreciate each comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *