Thursday, February 5, 2015

Throwback Thursday! Family Rules

Back in 2008, blogging was a relatively new concept.  I created a blog to keep my family updated on what we were doing.  This weekend I was reviewing old entries and decided to share a few that may be helpful to others.  I'll call this series, Throwback Thursday!     
This entry was originally posted on Sunday, May 3, 2009.  My children were 11, 6 and 4.
I think I'll reprint these rules TODAY as we could definitely use a refresher!


Family Rules


Tonight we had a family meeting and wrote a list of 7 family rules. We have had some 
recurring issues that were getting out of hand and the atmosphere of the home 
was not pleasant. We've decided to keep meeting on Sunday evenings for a while to 
evaluate how we are all doing and make adjustments as needed. We also have scripture
verses posted to back up the rules.

Here is the list we came up with. They are not listed by order of importance.

1. Respect others and property.
2. Obey immediately (all the way, right away, cheerfully)
3. Show gratitude (to God and others)
4. Tell the truth.
5. Do not nag Daddy and/or Mommy
6. Do not whine or complain
7. Always do your best

Most issues we are currently having fall under one of these general categories. 

It was helpful to get it down on paper. We all signed the list and it will be posted 
on the frig. The children were surprisingly agreeable, they even suggested 
some of the rules.

Do you have a list of family rules in your home? If so, I'd love to hear about them.

Here is a quick Publisher document I made up so that when I posted the rules i
t looked more official than mom's handwriting.  :-)   Feel free to print or 
come up with a better one and then share it with me.  I'm no graphic designer!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I read and appreciate each comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *